Selleys Liquid Nails Original 100g
- Brand: Selleys
- Product Code: Liquid Nail 100g
- Availability: 10
Liquid Nails is a premium grade, solvent based, synthetic rubber multipurpose construction adhesive that delivers a consistently strong and lasting bond on most building substrates. It has a thick non-runny consistency. It is beige (light tan) in colour as applied and dry.
It can be used as the sole means of bonding (as a contact adhesive) or as a component in a dual bonding situation, i.e. in conjunction with mechanical fasteners, or where nails or screws are used to support the weight until full cure is completed. Has been BRANZ Appraised.
Liquid Nails would typically be used for the following applications:
• Sheet flooring to joists
• Metal or aluminium door strips to floors or walls
• Timber or fibre cement sheeting to cement block or brick walls
• Masonite / hardboard to timber or floor boards
• Wallboard or panelling to wood or metal frames
• Cork tiles to timber, fibre cement or plaster
• In the groove of tongue and groove flooring as it is installed to avoid later squeaking
• Meets or exceeds requirements specified by Australian Standard AS 2329-1999.
• Liquid Nails formulation delivers response flexibility so your bond stays stronger for longer. [Liquid Nails is flexible enough to respond to normal shrinkage and thermal movement between building components without loosing bond strength.]
• Excellent resistance to water and weather makes it suitable for interior and exterior applications.
• Easy to extrude from the cartridge at low winter temperatures.
• Fast grab and rapid cure, but does not skin too quickly, thus ensuring good wetting out on to surfaces to be bonded.
• Does not roll off when applied onto wet timber, even in cold weather.
• Resistant (after full cure) to heat to 90°C and cold to – 10°C. See “Application Tips” below
• Does not drip, sag or string between panels
• Bridges gap up to 9mm hence can be used on rough and ill-fitting construction materials
• Dried adhesive is paintable